Next Monday is Family Day! We hope you are able to enjoy some time with the people who matter the most!
- Parent Teacher Conferences – the second round of parent teacher conferences is scheduled for Tues Feb 18 and Thurs Feb 20 from 4:30-7:30. Jr. High interviews take place in the gymnasium on a first come first served basis. Elementary interviews take place in homerooms according to a booked appointment time. Booking is now open! Please utilize this link to book your interview times: https://jpii.schoolappointments.com/admin/ Attached is an instruction sheet for those of you who need a refresher on how to create an account to book a time. We are looking forward to sharing student progress with you!
- School Council Meeting – the next School Council meeting is on Weds Feb 12 at 6:30 in the Learning Commons.
- Oratorical Festival – here are the dates for the Oratorical Festival. Students have been working hard on these presentations! Classroom Presentations to be completed between: February 10-19. Grade Level Finals to be completed between February 20 – 28. Overall Judged Finals: Thursday, March 5th in the afternoon. SCHOOL-WIDE CELEBRATION: Friday, March 13th @ 2:00 in the gym.
- Shrove Tuesday Volunteers – we are once again planning to offer pancakes to student and staff on Shrove Tuesday (Tues Feb 25) and we are looking for some parent volunteers to help in the kitchen! If you are interested please email or call Mrs. Hanlan in the office. email@example.com
- Fundraising Volunteers –SJPII School Council is again looking for some parent (grandparents, guardians, friends, etc!) volunteers to pick up the cleaned bottles from SJPII & take them to the Stony Plain bottle depot! ALL PROCEEDS are going straight into the school council fundraising account! The following link gives you an opportunity to sing up and help out! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050a45a9af2ca7fc1-bottle Thank you to all the parents who have been assisting with this so far this year!
- Novel Coronavirus – Alberta Health has asked that schools share the attached information with parents with respect to the Novel Coronavirus.
- Weds Feb 12 - School Council Meeting – 6:30-7:30
- Mon Feb 17 – Family Day – no school
- Tues Feb 18 – Parent Teacher Interviews – 4:30-7:30
- Thurs Feb 20 – Parent Teacher Interviews – 4:30-7:30
- Tue Feb 25 – Shrove Tuesday
- Weds Feb 26 – Ash Weds Mass at SJPII at 10:00
- Fri March 13 - Oratorical Festival at 2:00
- March 17 – Term 2 Report Cards go home
- March 20 – Jr. High Ski Trip to Marmot Basin
- March 23-30 (inclusive) – Spring Break
- Mon March 30 – PD Day for teachers
- Tues March 31 – students return from Spring Break
St. John Paul II Catholic School